Global Oil and Gas Survey 2012–2013: Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Global Oil and Gas Industry
By: ICD Research, Published: Apr-2012
Report Code: OG1602PR
Why was the report written?
This report is the result of an extensive survey drawn from ICD Research’s exclusive panel of 279 leading global oil and gas industry executives. The report provides data and analysis on global oil and gas industry suppliers’ media spend, marketing and sales strategies, and practices and business planning within the global oil and gas industry. This report includes key topics such as media channel spending outlooks, media budgets, marketing agency selection criteria, business challenges and sales tactics of leading suppliers within the global oil and gas industry. The report also identifies suppliers’ future growth, M&A and investment expectations.
Most secondary research reports are based on general industry drivers and do not understand the industry executives’ attitude and changing behaviours, creating a gap in presenting the business outlook of the industry. In an effort to bridge this gap, ICD Research created this primary-research based report by gathering the opinions of multiple stake holders in the value-chain of the global oil and gas industry.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Of respondents across the global oil and gas industry, 57% are ‘more optimistic’ about revenue growth for their company over the next 12 months than the previous 12 months.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
This optimism is based on the implementation of cost containment measures, the growth of profitable markets such as the South East Asian countries, as well as China and India, and positive changes in business strategies for driving sales. Additionally, the top priorities for the global oil and gas industry in 2012 are ‘improving operational efficiency’, ‘expand in current market’ and ‘stabilizing company finances’. Furthermore, according to 38% of respondents from the global upstream oil and gas industry and 48% from the downstream oil and gas industry, headcounts in their organizations in 2012 are expected to increase steadily by up to 2%.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
“Global Oil and Gas Survey 2012–2013: Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in Global Oil and Gas Industry” is a new report by ICD Research that analyzes how oil and gas industry companies’ media spend, marketing and sales strategies & practices and business planning are set to change in 2012–2013. This report provides the current size of the marketing and advertising budgets of global oil and gas industry suppliers and how spending by global oil and gas industry suppliers will change, providing insight into global marketing behaviour. In addition, the report also identifies future growth of buyers and suppliers and M&A activity. This report not only grants access to the opinions and strategies of business decision makers and competitors, but also examines their actions surrounding business priorities. The report also provides access to information categorized by region, company type and sizes.
- Project industry trends and revenue growth expectations in 2012 and understand business confidence to take informed business decisions.
- Drive revenues by understanding future product investment areas and key growth regions.
- Uncover key challenges and opportunities and identify key actions required to maintain and win buyer business.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by identifying how suppliers’ marketing budgets are changing and direction of spend in the future. Better promote your business by aligning your capabilities and business practices with your customer’s changing needs.
- Secure stronger customer relationships by understanding the behaviour and changing strategies of industry suppliers.
Reasons to Buy
- Benchmarks sales and marketing plans with industry competitors to effectively determine strategy. This report also promotes your business by aligning your capabilities and business practices with your customers’ changing needs during these times of market uncertainty.
- This report not only grants access to the opinions and strategies of business decision makers and competitors, but also examines their actions surrounding business priorities. The report promotes your business by aligning your capabilities and business practices with your customer’s changing needs.
- The report is based on primary survey research conducted by ICD Research accessing its B2B panels comprised of senior purchase decision makers and leading supplier organizations.