Global Bioplastics Market 2011-2015
By: Technavio, Published: Mar-2012
Report Code: IRTNTR1040
TechNavio Announces the Publication of its Report – Global Bioplastics Market 2011–2015
TechNavio today launched its report Global Bioplastics Market 2011–2015 based on an in-depth study covering the Americas, and the EMEA and APAC regions. The report aims to aid decision makers’ understanding of the present and the future landscape of the Global Bioplastics market.
Commenting on the report, an analyst from TechNavio’s Clean Tech team said, “The variety of applications for bioplastics is one of the major factors that drive the Global Bioplastics market. Bioplastics have also recently started being used to manufacture children's toys. The demand for the use of bioplastics to manufacture children's toys is increasing because there are hazardous materials in the plastics that are currently used in toys. Therefore, the specialty of bioplastics, i.e., their less-harmful nature compared to non-biodegradable plastics, is increasing the scope for growth in the Global Bioplastics market.”
According to the report, the surge in R&D initiatives is yet another major trend observed in the Global Bioplastics market. Several companies have been making progress in using algae as a raw material to manufacture bioplastic because it is available in plenty. For instance, filamentous green algae of the Cladophorales order are a well-suited form of algae to produce hybrid bioplastics. Further, the report also discusses that the possibility of the emergence of a global food crisis is leading to a reduction in the growth of the Global Bioplastics market.
- TechNavio’s analysts forecast the Global Bioplastics market to grow at a CAGR of 33.9 percent over the period 2011–2015. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the growing need to clear non-biodegradable plastic waste. The Global Bioplastics market has also been witnessing increased usage in the packaging and consumer goods industry. However, the likelihood of the emergence of a global food crisis could pose a challenge to the growth of this market.
- TechNavio’s report, the Global Bioplastics Market 2011–2015, has been prepared based on an in-depth analysis of the market with inputs from industry experts. The report covers the Americas, and the EMEA and APAC regions; it also covers the Global Bioplastics market landscape and its growth prospects in the coming years. The report also includes a discussion of the key vendors operating in this market.
- Key vendors dominating this market space include Natureworks LLC, Novamont SpA, Toyota Motor Corp., and ADM/Metabolix
- Key questions answered in this report:
- What will the market size be in 2015 and at what rate will it grow?
- What key trends is this market subject to?
- What is driving this market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the opportunities and threats faced by each of these key vendors?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of each of these key vendors?
Reasons to Buy
The study was conducted using an objective combination of primary and secondary information including inputs from key participants in the industry. The report contains a comprehensive market and vendor landscape in addition to a SWOT analysis of the key players.