Airbus S.A.S. - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
By: GlobalData, Published: Aug-2012
Report Code: GDASD34443SA
Airbus S.A.S. (Airbus), formerly Airbus Industrie GIE, is a commercial and military transport aircraft manufacturer. It is a subsidiary of EADS, one of the world's leading aircraft manufacturers. The company classifies its product portfolio into five parts, namely, Passenger Aircraft, Corporate Jets, Freighter Aircraft, Military Aircraft and Out of Production Aircraft.The company offers civil airliners in the market, ranging in capacity from single-aisle A320 family to the 500-seat A380. It is also engaged in manufacturing military aircraft. The company has sold over 10,000 aircraft and delivered more than 6,500 since its inception. In addition, it has also sold1, 000 Airbus Military aircraft to some 130 military, civilian and governmental customers. It has four training centers, five spare centers and 11 engineering centers, besides offering on-site support services. The company principally operates in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia-Pacific, and North and South America. Airbus is headquartered in Blagnac, France.
In June 2012, Airbus and the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) have introduced the “Plant a Pledge” campaign, which tells people around the world to sign a petition supporting the restoration at www.plantapledge.com. Through this the company wants to show that it is environmental friendly company.
Airbus S.A.S. Key Recent Developments
Mar 22, 2012: Boeing, Airbus And Embraer To Collaborate On Aviation Biofuel Commercialization
GlobalData’s Airbus S.A.S. - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on the company’s key employees, key competitors and major products and services.
This up-to-the-minute company report will help you to formulate strategies to drive your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
- - Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- - Corporate strategy – GlobalData’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- - SWOT analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- - Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- - Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- - Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- - Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- - Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- - Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- - Important locations and subsidiaries – A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
- Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Reasons to Buy
- - Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis and corporate strategy are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
- - Identify potential customers and suppliers with this report’s analysis of the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- - Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies with GlobalData’s detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the company’s core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing you with an up to date objective view of the company.
- - Examine potential investment and acquisition targets with this report’s detailed insight into the company’s strategic, business and operational performance.